Living Room Tour

Happy Sunday!  I realized that I've shown you guys some smaller looks into house but not a full room  photos yet.  So I thought I'd take some quick pictures of our living room.  We spend the majority in this room of the house.  I love the big picture window and how much light this room gets.  The cats love sitting by the windows when they are open and Teddy can sit and stare out them all day long.



The couch and big chair are thrift store buys that I've slip covered.  With 2 cats and a dog that shed plus a couple of not always so neat humans, it's nice to have something that we can take off and clean.  The other chairs are also a thrift store find and a hand-me down.


One of my favorite parts of the living room is the curtains we have.  I found the fabric at Hobby Lobby and my mother in law kindly offered her sewing skills to make them for me.  Don't you just love how pretty and cheery they are?

You may be asking yourself what that yellow cord is.  Well, folks, I am all about keeping it real.  That is an extension cord for our TV.  Our house has very few 3 prong outlets, so we have extension cords in here and our bedroom to run the TV and our air pump for our bed.  Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will be getting rid of this one.


I am working on getting some pictures and stuff together to do a gallery wall in this corner.  I've got a couple more pieces to find before I can start hanging things.  Normally, this corner is where we keep the pups bed and toys but today I moved the chair there.  


We don't have a set furniture configuration for this room yet.  It seems to always change depending on what activities we have going on.  I hung the large clock on this wall right after we moved in because I didn't have anything else planned and the wall looked so bare.  Eventually I would like to have a large picture or several prints on this wall.


The ladder shelf I purchased for $15.  It was a little shaky but we added some molding to the back of the shelves to make it more stable.   The greenery I just picked up from Target in the dollar spot!  And the gold arrow I just picked up from Hobby Lobby as well.

I hope you all like this little tour!  I'd love to hear what you think of it! Hopefully I'll do some more rooms so you can get a better idea of what our rooms look like.  Although, to be honest, that means I'll need to clean them!

Feel free to follow me!



Comments

Popular Posts