Anthropologie Inspired Pom Pom Wreath Tutorial

Fall is upon us friends!  I got the itch to add a new wreath to my collection of fall decor.  Now, I have great taste, like expensive taste!  (shocker, I know)  I have had my eye on this amazing wreath from Anthropologie but at $128 it is too rich for my wallet.

Anthro Wreath

So, after thinking about it for too long, I finally grabbed the supplies and got to work.  And since this is a tutorial here is the list of supplies you will need:

Yarn - I used Lions Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Wheat (5 skiens)
Pom Pom maker size L
Scissors
Straw wreath
T-Pins

Follow the instructions for making the Poms.  I used about 35 poms for this wreath.  Just be careful with that yarn, this stuff has a lot of loose fibers, especially when you are making them in a car on a road trip! (sorry hubs) After making all the poms I started pinning them on the inside of the wreath.  (the wreath I used was straw, be sure to keep the plastic wrap on to keep the straw at bay.)  So, keep adding more poms until you get the wreath totally covered.  And that's it!  Totally easy. 



And I'd say it turned out great! (maybe even better than the Anthro wreath) I love the texture and warmth this creates.


Of course while I was at it I decided to do a little redecorating to get myself ready for fall.  I'm really loving this whole neutral mantle I've got going on.  Oh!  And the big elephant in the room is my recently white washed fireplace!


Tada!  So many fun things to share with you guys in this post!  I should do a post of this soon for you guys as well.  But it's technically not finished.  I still have another coat to do.  So, stay tuned for a post on that.  In the meantime, let's just keep looking at this lovely-ness!




Do you love the wreath too?  I can't wait to make more of these.  I've got a Halloween one in the making and a winter one.  Maybe I'll do these made to order.  And if you try to make one yourself I'd love to see the finished product!  

Be sure to follow me over here as well:


Comments

Popular Posts