Mini Vintage Inspired Christmas Home Tour

Thanks so much for stopping by for a little Christmas tour today. I'm joining 11 other, very talented bloggers today for our Homes for the Holidays Tours!! A special thanks to those who are joining us from Caitlin's beautiful home tour!


Today seemed like a very fitting day to start writing about my Christmas home tour, as we had our first official snow fall.  We have a magical Winter Wonderland outside our house and I'm loving it.  The lights on the trees and around the house are twinkling and we've had Christmas music playing all day.  

I attempted to go mainly traditional in my decorations this year, focusing on reds, greens and white. I'd say my main inspiration for everything was this sweet garland from Michael's.   I found these when they were having a crazy sale on garland (70% off) So I snagged 2 of these, as well as lots of other stuff! 





I also wanted to use my vintage picnic basket, so I grabbed a mini tree and stuck it in the basket. BTW, I'm loving how my newly white washed fireplace looks with my Christmas decor!!  For the top of the mantle, I took a vintage window that was painted with chalkboard paint on one of the panes and wrote JOY on it. Then I placed my boxwood wreath and a light up wooden star in front of it. The red feather trees I bought years ago at Target.  And of course, I added another strand of lights behind everything and around the window.  (Just give me all the lights!)


The angels are from Hobby Lobby and the white stockings were from the Target dollar spot. (they always have cute stuff)


We went simple on the Christmas tree as well. We have two different types of lights on the tree which is one of my favorite things.  We used regular LED lights and then added some larger Edison style bulb string lights for some extra pop!  I used mainly white and red ornaments and my green tree skirt.

So funny story, Thanksgiving night I took down all of my decor off my mantle and the tables and shelves.  My husband and I started talking about what decor was going to go up and we decided to completely rearrange the furniture.  It was a long night but we ended up moving pretty much all the furniture except our TV and dining table.


One of the reasons for moving the furniture was to be able to get my church pew inside.  This little piece was a steal at $20 at my parent's neighbor's garage sale.  I sanded it and painted it with chalk paint.  Its such a cute little 2 person pew.  I wish I knew the history behind it. The shelf next to the bench was another garage sale find.  It was painted white but when we took it home with our car windows down the paint started flying off!  I sanded it down enough so that the paint didn't fall off in the house but it still has some chippy-goodness!  I loaded it up with mini white houses, trees and my husband's horn collection in the cases below.  The Christmas Tree Farm sign on the wall is actually made from a vinyl stencil that I purchased on Etsy (found here).



Gotta love the plaid blanket, vintage style pillow and the vintage sled!!  Such a cozy little spot!


We moved our World Market Everett table to the dining room.  It fits almost perfectly between the doorway and the window.  I continued on the red, green and white theme here.  Cranberries in little white bowls and lambs ear and berries in a small olive bucket.  Plus, I used some of my vintage books here as well.



Added a tall, skinny tree here by the window and just love the warmth that it adds to the dinning room.  One can never have too many Christmas trees or Christmas lights, right?! 

Little diva Margot

 I hope you enjoyed the little tour.  It ended up being a lot of work but I really love how it all came together.  I had some family over this weekend and was told that my house looked like Pinterest had exploded inside.  I'm going to take that as a compliment!  

I hope you enjoyed my little tour.  Now, head on over to girl Cindy, A Cottage Girl, to check out her amazing house!  

And be sure to check out the other great Christmas Home Tours:



Don't forget to follow along with me over here as well!


Comments

  1. Christin, I love the traditional color scheme! You can't go wrong with red and green during the holidays. Everything looks so lovely and I love your new pew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jordan! It all really came together exactly like I wanted it!

      Delete
  2. Love your home.. and that mantle. Seriously its gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing everything. So glad we got to blog hop together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Taylor! It was so much fun to join you all!

      Delete
  3. Oh that pew!! I'm seriously swooning!! And I'm so digging those fur stockings! You home is so beautiful! What an honor to be a part of this tour with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Jennifer! I am loving the pew! Thanks so much for your kind words! Loved joining you all!

      Delete
  4. Oh my word your home looks so lovely! I have to say that the pew is my favorite part! You got a steal of a deal for $20! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was a steal for sure! Thank you so much Kelly!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts