A few of my favorite things

Don't worry, I'm not here to belt out the song from Sound of Music. I'll leave that to the professionals.  Anyways, sorry I have been slow in posting lately.  We have had so much going on and little time to sit and share with you all.  Hopefully that will change in the next couple of weeks.
We have a couple projects we are hoping to get caught up with and I'm really excited to share them with you.  So, stay tuned!

Since a lot of my projects are half done, I thought I would just take some time to give you a little bit of a taste of some things that I have been crushing on lately.



Succulents!  If you follow me on Instagram you will have seen that I recently planted some succulents to add to our home.  I have been having a lot of fun with these and hope to add more to my collection soon.  My house has become a death row if you will for all other plant life.  I can't seem to keep anything alive, between my over/under watering them and my cats eating them.  (Sorry plants, I really do like you)  Crossing my fingers that I can keep these alive otherwise I'll have to stick to faux plants.  If that's the case, this faux Fiddle Leaf Fig Branch will be at the top of my list.

Aren't these 2 lovely! Not sure if the link is correct.
Source
My next crush is plate walls.  There are so many different styles and configurations that you can use.  And, you can create one no matter what size wall you have.  You can go bold and bright or neutral and monochromatic or a mix of both.  These are a great way to add color and texture to your walls.  I have been slowly collecting some plates that I can use for the plate wall I am planning to put up someday.  Most of the plates I've found have been between $2-$5 each, which is super cheap for wall decor.




And for my last crush for today.  Wallpaper.  I know what you are going to say.  Believe me, my parent's house was covered in wallpaper.  Thankfully no matching curtains.  But, wallpaper has come a long way from 10-20 years ago.  It is making a big come back and I'm thrilled.  I always loved it when my mom came home with sample books that we got to look through.  Murals are also a big thing and I would love to incorporate one in my house someday.  Both can make a big impact in a big or small space.  They can be a bit pricier than what you may think, but don't let that hold you back.
Check out these awesome spaces.


LOVE this!
Source


Well, there you have just a little taste of some of my favorite things. I could really add a dozen more things to this list, but I'll save some for another post. Spoiler alert: You may be seeing the plate wall and wallpaper on the blog again soon!  Do you have a favorite one from my list?  What are your current faves?  

Want to stay update to with what I'm up to in between posts?  Be sure to check me out on these as well.

Comments

Popular Posts