Christmas Tour

I really can't believe how close we are to Christmas!  I feel like the last month has just flown by.  With this being our second year in our house I was really excited to decorate again this year.  I had all these big plans and ideas that I wanted to do.  Well, real life happened and I didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted to.  Our tree has a minimal amount of ornaments on it, I didn't add anything to the top of my kitchen cabinets and our outdoor decor is zip.  We are hoping to add some stuff outside yet, so we'll see if that happens.

As I started gathering stuff to put on my mantle, I realized I was pulling a lot of whites and silver.  I decided to run with that and searched for some inspiration.  Speaking of mantles, we finally have one, well, sort of.  We've been living with just the brick but it was so hard to put stuff up there and keep it balanced and straight.  Since we are on the hunt for a really nice mantle, we decided to go ahead and put a temporary one up.  We ran to Lowes one night and picked out a nice, straight piece of cedar and had it cut to size.

Cedar board air guitar anyone?
I used some danish oil to protect it and placed it on top of the brick.  Since it is temporary, we didn't secure board, but we probably should.  You know, in case one of the cats decides to jump up on it and break things....




The two angels were our big focal point for the mantle.  I really wanted something symmetrical and something with some height.  We picked these up at Hobby Lobby on Black Friday.  I love them and I know I will use them over and over again.  I also changed out the chalk print in my frame to this His Name Shall Be from Dear Lillie.

On a side note, I can't say enough how much I love having these prints that I can rotate throughout the year.  I love that it was cost effective and still appeases my need for some change.




On our tree this year we added a second set of lights.  We found these Edison bulb string lights at Hobby Lobby as well.  I love how they add some extra dimension to our tree.  There isn't much else on the tree, mostly because I just haven't had the energy to hang stuff.  But I added a couple of the large white flowers to some of the more bare spots.



On my ladder shelf in the corner, I also have a white, silver and natural theme going.  The cute little cake stand is from Target's Dollar Spot. (Seriously!  They have the.best.stuff this year.) The deer under the cloche is an ornament that I loved and the peace sign is from a local store, Meijer.

This sweet little rocking horse was a last minute Home Goods find.  Isn't it the cutest!?
In the dining room I did  more with color, since I used up all my whites in the living room. I really wanted a skinny tree to put in the corner and we found this one again, at Hobby Lobby on Black Friday.  I added a simple red bow to the top and that was it.  You might notice that my curtains are new as well.  Thanks to my mother in law, I now have much more "neutral" curtains then the floral ones before.  These work so much better for this season, and I love them so much they will probably hang around for a while.  



Another cake stand on the table is holding a red polka dot plate and a holiday candle.  A Christmas tree pillow added to the chair and a holly and berry plate on the plate rack.  Then comes one of my favorite pieces...


My vintage ceramic Christmas Tree!  This was a Christmas present from my parents last year.  They love going antiquing (wonder where I got it from!) and they hunted down this tree and a couple of vintage finds for my sisters.  I look forward to putting this out every Christmas and hopefully passing it down to my kids one day. 
And a final addition to my main living space was adding the poinsettia wreath on the door.  It's simple but adds some color to an otherwise dull corner.


I hope you enjoyed my little holiday tour.  I feel bad because there was so much more that I wanted to do but I've been so busy that I didn't want to push myself too much either.  I love all the things I was able to accomplish though and the house feels so cozy with the Christmas lights on.


I'd love to hear what you think about my Christmas Tour!  Be sure to leave me a comment below.

If you want to see what I'm up to when I'm not blogging, be sure to follow me here as well:

Comments

Popular Posts